Tuesday, April 14, 2015

22 January 2015: hair angst / school prep

                I’m really digging the faux-hawk thing my hair is doing right now. It only works like that when it’s semi greasy. It’s too fluffy if it’s fresh-out-the-bucket clean. I tried to just wash it with water yesterday and woke up with gray-looking hair because of the metric ton of crud that I had just managed to evenly distribute through my hair. I proceeded to wash it with bar soap and now it’s too poofy and looks weird. I need to read up on the “no poo” movement and figure out how to get this mass of unruliness under control.

                I start school in four days, and none of the teachers are going to be here until Saturday night. I have tons of questions about school, but those will have to wait until Sunday or afterward, I suppose. If this were the US of A, we would have had stuff like teacher development and setting up the school and planning and whatnot for at least a week. School here is not taken nearly as seriously as many other places; maybe this is why I’m here trying to help out their struggling education system. There would not even be a class schedule by now if I didn’t insist that we make one. I guess my school is better than some, though, as some PCVs won’t even know which classes they will be teaching until school is already underway.

My ausi and me, both with experimental hair styles 

No comments:

Post a Comment