Sunday, March 15, 2015

10 December 2014: Last week of training / fruit galore / TsehlanyaneNational Park


                There is only a week of training left, and I’m really not so happy about that. For the people, not the actual training. I’ve gotten pretty comfortable in this village and I’ve become really good friends with a lot of the other volunteers. It’s going to be hard not to see all of them every day.
                On the plus side, the zillions of fruit trees at my family’s house are busting open with nectarines, apricots, and peaches. My ‘me gave me a bucket of them a few days ago. They are so juicy and sweet ahhh. I don’t know why everyone doesn’t have tons of fruits and vegetables growing at their houses in the US. Fresh (and free) fruit is awesome. Cooking adventures have included peach cobblers and things because of the abundance. 
                And I almost forgot- last week we took a trip to Tsehlanyane National Park where we were able to hike, swim in the river, and have a great cookout/picnic.

Kyle and Chelsea hiking along the river

Grace chilling in the grass

QuThing 1 and QuThing 2: Colleen and me

Kristin and Catie

Lars helping one of our LCFs jam out









No comments:

Post a Comment