Friday, October 21, 2016

Extra: Students Say (and draw) the Darndest Things

My students are constantly make me wonder, make me think, and make me laugh. I've collected the questions asked in my question jar in my Life Skills classes. Some are funny, but some give you some insight into the minds of Basotho teens. Here they are, exactly as written:

1.   I have foreign currence so what can I do for it to be profitable for me
2.       Hullo teacher how do you feel when the students in the class make noise!!!!!! Especial in form c
3.       How to do abotion and how is it danger or important?
4.       What is masturbation?
5.       What causes if I bleed on January then I will bleed again after 3 month what causes that?
6.       How can one know if she/he is ready to have sex?
7.       Why am I growing taller not parrell. Please explain for me.
8.       What caused peer pressure
9.       Who stole my pen? What is sex
10.   What causes stress/anxiety
11.   Why is it important to have a save sex?
12.   Who is your friend
13.   Why person has female and male in the same time
14.   What do you like in this school?
15.   I have seen you have strong musles. So what you eat
16.   What cause high blood pressure
17.   Do you have brothers and sisters?
18.   I don’t want God to separate me with my mother. So can you explain how could I do?
19.   If I want to visit you can you go with me
20.   How can I study skill here in Lesotho?
21.   What should I do if my friend forced me to do what I don’t want?
22.   Who is your mother?
23.   Do you drink alcohol? Why?
24.   Who is your father?
25.   What can I do if I’m in stress What can I do if someone force me to smoke
26.   I have realised that in my country there is a high teenager pregnancy. And this badly horrifies me so I want to know what causes this teenager pregnancy and how can we avoid it as teenagers?
27.   The bacteria doesn’t die when it is in the air?
28.   If someone is attractive in America you say is fox?
29.   If I kiss her using intermecy kissing she will pass T.B to me? Remember he closed her mouth
30.   I want to know how did I do when I want to stole your dog?
31.   WHAT IS LOVE? A SEX? WHAT IS People? WHAT IS YOU MOTHER?
32.   What is abortion?
33.   If I use the expiry condom the diseases will pass.
34.   What is masturbation and how to can we be against it
35.   Who stool my pen last week?
36.   I want to know the name of your mother, father sister. Have you married?
37.   What causes a stress
38.   What if some months pass without being bleeding or menstrual
39.   What is important to google, internet, twitter, fb, whatA and how do they danger?
40.   Who is the director if internet?
41.   Did you know what about dog’s teeth did not wash
42.   What do you want to be when you are very old? What is sex? Why people have se? What is Khotsofalang [one of my student's names] in English? Do you like banana or cheese? What is your traditional launguege

They also draw some pretty cool things on the board/their exams
No!!! My heart hurts because school kids don't read.

Gender roles for females. Some kid came in later and added "they kill children."

Nothing of my students' doing, but look at this national exam perpetuating cultural vices

Kids getnpretty religious when it comes to passing exams

The layers of the earth...on a math exam

Little did I know that Nicki Minaj's lesser known brother, Nick Minaj, had been attending my classes all along.

Yup, that's what I keep telling them.

My best student!

When in doubt, draw a cat face.

A drawing of my dog and a student

"You make me mad." Is she talking to me or to the test?

No comments:

Post a Comment