Monday, February 23, 2015

12 November 2014: Morningtime

                It’s mornings like this when I’m awake (due to donkeys, chickens, taxis honking, and rain bulleting down on my tin roof) and have little to nothing to do, so I’m killing time by writing. Some of those little girls have been doing the rain dance a little too much, because it’s really coming down. Yesterday we had a session on how to teach math to ESL learners and how to make tests, which was by far the most useful session of training. We should have a session like that at least once a week, not once a training. Yesterday we also had the first bout of Sandal Camp, which I think I made a little too intense. I will scale it down for next time, it seems. More instructional and less death-inducing. My friend’s mom sent an email saying that from the photos, it looks like PC is a glorified scout camp. Yeah, basically that’s what it is. Thanks, American taxpayers ;). Later today we find out our site placements for after training is over. I’m so pumped! We’re having a lunch potluck to celebrate this and the fact that we are all cooking our own food now. It’s also mornings like this where I’m so cold that I’m rating my ability to get away with dirtiness against the merits of having a bath. I did just dig some dirt out of my ear, however, so maybe I should…bathtime it is. Later, y’all.

No comments:

Post a Comment